High Blood Pressure, A to Z , Part –4.
List of contents:
- Treatment of Hypertension
- Allopathic system of medicine
- Islamic/Greek system of medicine
- Homeopathic system of medicine
- How to take homeo medicine
- Homeo medicine for hypertension
- Ayurvedic system of medicine
Treatment for hypertension:
Hyper tension develop gradually and naturally. A good Doctor will try to find out the causes and will prescribe the medication to remove the causes.
There are different systems to treat hypertension . They are:
- Allopathic system of medicine.
- Islamic / Greek system of medicine.
- Homeopathic system of medicine.
- Ayurvedic (Indian traditional system of medicine).
Allopathic system of medicine:
Allopathic system of medicine is widely known and in practice all over the world. Doctors usually prescribe the following mediation to lower high blood pressure:
- Beta Blockers : Beta blockers will make your heart beat slower and with less force.
- Diuretics also known as Water pills will help your kidneys remove excess sodium from your body.
- ACE Inhibitors : Our body produce a chemical Angiotensin that has a bad effects on blood vessels . It makes the blood vessels and artery tightened and narrow. ACE Inhibitors prevent our body to pr0duce this chemical.
- Calcium Channel blockers. These medicines will block some of the calcium to enter the cardiac muscles of our heart making it less forceful heartbeats.
Unfortunately Allopathic medicines have side effects. It is strongly advised to be fully aware of such side effects. The formula of all medicines is written on its packing. Enter that formula and search on Google. Ask your doctor to prescribe some medicine to neutralize those side effects.
Islamic/Greek system of medicine:
Every plant and medicinal herbs has certain effects on human body. Parts of plants and herbs are stored and grinded and given to the patients. A herbal medicine “Asrol” is the most effective treatment of hypertension. It has some side effects on stomach. Some other herbals are mixed with Asrol to neutralize its side effects. Doctor of Islamic/Greek system of medicine is called ” Tabeeb” or “Hakeem”.
Homeopathic system of medicines.
As you can see , i did not mention brand name of any Allopathic medicine. If you prefer to take Allopathic medicines, you consult with a MBBS doctor, who will prescribe medicines which , in his/her opinion, will or can cure or provide you some relief from your hypertension.
Reminder: Always search the side effects of medicines you ae going to take, and ask your doctor how to neutralize such side effects.
Homeopathy is based on “Like cure Like”. A Homeopath doctor will collect the following information from the patient:
- Age, body structure, thin, medium or obese.
- Sex, male or female, married or single.
- Time when symptoms appear, during day or night, at what time. daily, weekly or monthly. How long you are under attack of the disease.
- What do you feel at the time of attack.
- If you have pain, you feel as if s knife is being thrusted, Or a needle is thrusted, or pain suddenly appear and go . This type of feeling will help the doctor to prescribe a suitable medicine.
- What type of dreams you see during your sleep.
- Do you feel relief in warm or cold surrounding.
- How do you drink water? take a draught. or drink many time small amount of water, or a lot of water at one time.
The homeo doctor will ask many question to find out a complete history of the disease and then decide what medicine will cure you.
How to take Homeo medicines:
- Pour 4 to 5 drops of medicine in 1/2 glass of clean water and drink it 1/2 hour before meals. Do not eat any thing for 1/2 hour after taking a medicine.
- Difference potencies need interval between 2nd dose. Details are as under .
- Potency 2x to 12 x can be repeated 3 to 4 times s day.
- Potency 30 = 3 times a day.
- Potency 200 = Twice a week.
- Potency 1M = After 10 or 14 day.
- Potency CM= once a month,
- Follow the instructions of your doctor specially the interval of medicine.
- Avoid drinking tea, coffee , alcohol, do not eat camphor, any sour thing, and do not smoke, 1/2 hour before and after taking a medicine. These things will vanish medicines’ effects.
Homeopathic medicines for hypertension:
Our Homeopathic Doctors’ panel including Dr Mehmood Ahmad has prescribed the following Homeo medicines to lower high blood pressure. Take a medicine which matches with your symptoms.
- Aurum Met. —-It regulate and keep arrhythmic heart activity balanced and lower high blood pressure caused by arteriosclerotic conditions. High blood pressure symptoms with low pressure of pulse. Angina , hepatic and digestive tract insufficiency that can lead to hypertension.
- Aurum Iodatum —–High blood pressure in persons suffering from progressive paralysis with mental condition.
- Aconite: —-It is given orally to reduce fever, associated with cold, pneumonia, cough asthma, for pain , inflammation and hypertension as a diuretic , to cause sweating , to slow heart beat .
- Belladona Q .—-good for throbbing and violent conditions, that start suddenly. Palpitation from least exertion. Heart seems too large. Rapid but weakened pulse , headache and impending strokes. Prolong echoing sound in head with labored breath.
- Bryta Carbonica —-is traditionally used for people with hypertension who are extremely shy and have lack of concentration .
- Allium Sativa. —-Hypertension associated with high cholesterol .
- Cactus Grandifloras Q. ——Hypertension with heart troubles accompanied . It widens the blood vessels. Angina, cold sweat, feels if thee is no space for heart beats.
- Calcarea Carb. ——For fat, soft and chilly persons. Excessive sweat on head, palms and soles ( under part of feet).
- Crataegus Oxy Q .—Known as heart tonic. heart failure with any reason, heart pain with any small movement, heart inflation, symptoms increase in a warm room.
- Glonoine : ——Heart seems in laborious condition, fluttering, palpitation , can not go up hills, any exertion brings rush of blood to heart .Throbbing in the whole body to finger tip .Hypertension with too much blood in head and headache. Extreme weakness and easily become irritate.
- Conium —–Hypertension of bachelors and maids in old age.
- Ignatia Amara. —– Temporary Hypertension due to emotional shock. Feels hollow, heavy worse and stooping. Headache as if a nail were driven out through the side. Cramp like pain over root of nose. Headache worsen on smoking or smelling tobacco.
- Kali Phosphoricum —– Good biochemical salt for mental fatigue , irritable, restless, and anxious from mental exertion with high blood pressure.
- Nux Vomica+ ——Effective in lowering down hypertension arising due to over reading.
- Natrum Mur: —– This medicine lower the hypertension which occur due to a prolong intake of high levels of salty things.
- Rauwolfia Serpentina Q :—— No. 1 Homeopathic medicine to lower the hypertension. Bleeding and muscle cramp are its main symptoms.
- Strophanthus Hispidus Q : ——Hypertension in aged with heart complaints, tired all the time, heart beats fast but weak, pulls irregular and weak, fatty people, pain in hip and thigh in old age.
- Viscum Album : —–Helps resolve cardiac or circulatory disturbances by restoring proper regulation. It helps poor blood and fluid distribution that may result in attacks of dizziness when standing often accompanied by whistling noises in the ears and moodiness with depression. Systolic blood pressure is high and Diastolic is low.
- Uranium Nitricum : —-High blood pressure during dropsy . It makes the body lean and slim.
Ayurvedic medicines :
Ayurvedic medicines are used fresh or dried conditions mostly in India. Some herbals are used in China also to treat different diseases. Ayurvedic doctors usually treat hypertension with following 5 herbs.
- Amla or Indian Gooseberry is widely given to lower hypertension. Amla contain vitamin C which lower hypertension. Fresh and dried Amla both are used.
- Gota Kola : is known as Indian Pennywort is commonly used in India and China to lower hypertension. It is bitter in taste and a small quantity is given as one dose,
- Ashwagandha : Known as Indian Ginseng . It is a natural herb that you can add in your afternoon tea. It will lower hypertension and lower down the blood sugar too.
- Garlic :Garlic is a natural blood thinner . It also reduce cholesterol level. Eating one clove in the morning will provide multiple health benefits in the long run.
- Honey: Pure Honey relax the walls of blood vessels and control blood pressure level.
Ayurvedic doctors are mostly found in India. Above details are just for your knowledge.
Continued to Part 5