Covid-19, Updates in brief, Part -2
Back to Covid-19 Updates, Part -2
First of all , please accept my apologies for being unusual absent from the topic. I was in quarantine for almost 2 months dude to an attack of Corona. Now i am ok and here i am.
Back to Covid-19, Updates in brief.
- A new study recently have reached on a conclusion that Johnson and Johnson Covid-19 vaccine may not be as effected against Delta variant as mRNA vaccine. This finding is contradictory the claim of vaccine makers that a single dose is effective against the Delta variant.
- A physician in Alabama says that Covid-19 vaccine will not help the people who have already developed a sever Covid-19. Vaccine will only help if you get them before you are sick with Covid-19.
- Delta variant is now on surge spreading all over the world. source: HealthLine
- A new study carried out in an Italian town Vo , show that Antibodies to SARS-Cov-2, the virus that causes Covid-19 remain present in the body at least 9 months after the original infection. The results of study were published in the journal “Nature Communication” on July 19th, 2021.
- A new research finds that 2 shots of 1/4th of standard dose of Moderna Covid-19 vaccine are enough to trigger immune response for 6 months after the 2nd dose.
- Researchers in U.K. found that half of the hospitalized patients with SARS-2 infection developed at least one complication, among all age groups.
- Complex respiratory, kidney and systemic complications were most common.
- Neurological , liver, gastrointestinal and cardiovascular complications were also found.
- Approximately 27 % of the survivors were feeling difficulty to take care of themselves.
- According to a research letter appeared in “JAMA Internal Medicine”, about 2 % of people have allergic reactions to mRNA Covid -19 vaccine, such as Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccine. Most of these reactions are not sever.
- Pfizer-BioNTech announced, based on a new data, that a 3rd dose of their Covid-19 vaccine can boost protection against the Delta variant compared with their standard two dose regimen.
- A new study confirmed that the second dose of the Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine does not increase the risk of blood clots, a rare side effect.
- More and more people are being hospitalized as Delta variant is spreading very fast in USA.
- As the Delta variant pushes a surge in Covid-19 cases, the CDC official in USA are advising the people to wear face mask while indoors even if they are fully vaccinated.
- A new research from Glasgow University in Scotland says that isolation do not work to protect from Covid-19. People at high risk, who isolated themselves in the first wave of pandemic were five times more likely to die after being infected with the SARS-Cov-2 virus than those at low risk from disease.
- Since the beginning of pandemic, researchers are investigating all aspect of the disease, there are new findings every day. Researchers found that a loss of nerve fibers and an increase of immune cell in the cornea, may be linked to long Covid.
- Leaked data from CDC, obtained by Washington Post, show that the Delta variant of SARS-Cov-2 is more transmissible than influenza viruses of Ebola and that it may spread as easily as chickenpox.
source: Medical News Today