Health Tip # 18 – Taking Aspirin every day.
Aspirin is easily available medicine from any medical store without a doctor’s prescription. People usually do not consult a doctor before taking the Aspirin. They probably do not know that excess use of Aspirin may cause stomach ulcer. For more information about blood pressure, reads “ homeopathic Clinic , Blood Pressure A to Z, part 2
Table of contents:
- What is Aspirin?
- Heart attack and Aspirin.
- Recommended dosage during heart attack.
- Taking Aspirin every day.
- Recommended dosage for taking Aspirin every day.
- Side effects .
What is Aspirin ?
Heart attack and Aspirin.
Recommended dosage during heart attack.
Taking Aspirin every day.
- A 2019 meta-analysis trial with 164,225 participants found that those people who did not have any cardiovascular disease , taking Aspirin every day , did not show any improvement.
- The American College of Cardiology and the American Heart Association issued recommendations in 2019 that only people with certain cardiovascular risk factor should take Aspirin every day to prevent heart attack.
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommended in 2016 that Aspirin is only beneficial for people between 50 to 69 years with increased risk for cardiovascular disease.
Recommended dosage for taking Aspirin every day.
- The recommended dose of Aspirin taken every day to prevent a heart attack is 75 to 325 mg.
- Daily low -dose Aspirin tablets should be 81 mg.
- It is strongly advised , that prior to taking Aspirin on daily basis , you MUST consult a medical doctor.
- NEVER take Aspirin if you are allergic to Aspirin.
Like all drugs, Aspirin has some side effects, if taken on daily basis for long time, like :
- Excessive bleeding , particularly in the stomach and brain.
- Kidney failure is also possible.
Daily Aspirin therapy is generally no longer recommended.