Health Tips # 14 – 15.
- Health Tip # 14 —Apple Cider Vinegar lowers blood sugar.
- Health Tip # 15 — Should we take Aspirin every day ?
You have read “ Health Tip # 12 – 13 ” and hopefully found it useful. The next episode is here.
Health Tip 14 — Apple Cider Vinegar lowers blood sugar.
Diabetes is # 2 disease people are suffering from. I am not discussing the causes of Diabetes. I am sharing a simple way to lower blood sugar level.
Diabetic people are taking some medications to lower their blood sugar levels.
Many people inject Insulin daily. These all are method to lower blood sugar. Beside these , there are some other God gifted items which do the same job very effectively. Apple Cider Vinegar is one of them.
Apple Cider Vinegar is easily available every where. Take 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider vinegar and mix it in one glass of clean water and drink it before your breakfast. In this way, you have the following benefits:
- Your blood sugar level will be reduced by over 30 % after 95 minutes following consuming simple carbohydrates like white bread.
- Beside that if you continue drinking Apple Cider Vinegar as mentioned above, possibly you will see reduction of body fat mass and waist circumference in 12 week period. No more exercise required.
- Apple Cider Vinegar gives a feeling of ” fullness ” and do not like to eat a lot . It will reduce your body fat helping in reducing weight.
- Drinking one teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar + one teaspoon of pure honey in one glass of water will help to keep veins clean and wide to keep blood flow smoothly.
Apple Cider Vinegar should always be diluted in water and never consumed straight, as the active acid may burn your esophagus.
For ideal amount of Apple Cider Vinegar to manage blood sugar levels is 1 to 2 teaspoon diluted in 6-8 ounce of water before meals ( 2 times a day ) is recommended. Add a splash of fresh lemon to above drink to perk it up. To sweeten, consider adding fresh mint leaves or a splash of no-sugar added fruit juice.
Use of too much Apple Cider Vinegar has some side effects like:
- Weakened dental enamel.
- Interaction with certain types of medication.
Health Tip # 15 — Should we take Aspirin every day?
Now a day Aspirin is ” Every Day Medicine “. Every house in the world has some tablets of Aspirin. It is used for headache, fever, pain and cold without consulting a doctor. Many people take it to reduce high blood pressure.
Aspirin is basically a ” Blood Thinner” . It keeps the blood thin to flow easily in the veins. Aspirin prevents blood clots from forming. Aspirin may prevent a sudden heart attack in high blood pressure patient. But taking Aspirin every day should strictly under a doctor’s recommendation.
Although taking Aspirin every day may prevent a sudden heart attack in high blood patients, taking Aspirin every day is not right for every one. you should not take it if you have an allergy to Aspirin.
Dosage of Aspirin:
- Doctor’s recommend 75 mg during a heart attack.
- If a heart attack patient is taking low dose Aspirin daily, he should be given 2 tablets of his/her daily routine Aspirin tablets for the fastest result.
- Aspirin tablet should be crushed or chew before swelling for speedy action.
- Uncoated tablets absorb more quickly than coated tablets.
Some more facts about Aspirin:
- You should not take Aspirin every day . Consult a doctor before you take it every day.
- According to 2019 recommendations from the American College of Cardiology and the American Health Association , only people with certain Cardiovascular risk factors should take Aspirin on a daily basis to prevent a heart attack.
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force came to a same conclusion. A 2016 recommendation indicated that Aspirin is only beneficial for individuals between 50 to 69 years who are at an increased risk for Cardiovascular disease.
- Some studies suggest that takin Aspirin daily may prevent certain Cancers.
- The 2016 USPSTF reported that taking Aspirin every day reduces risk for colorectal cancer but only after 5 to 10 years of use.
Side effects of taking Aspirin daily:
Like all drugs, regular use of Aspirin may cause some side effects like:
- Excessive bleeding, particularly in stomach and brain.
- Kidney failure.
Daily Aspirin therapy is generally NO LONGER recommended. If one is not at risk for heart attack, the risk of taking Aspirin are greater than the benefits. Consult your Doctor before taking Aspirin on daily basis.
May All-Mighty Allah keep every one safe from all diseases.