Covid-19 Updates in Brief, Part # 14.
Since the SARS-CoV-2 attacked on human being, scientists and researchers are investigating to find treatment for Covid-19 , The researchers and scientists have gained enough knowledge about corona virus. Still there are many issues that require deep investigations. Such researches help to find the ways to cope with pandemic. We ae trying to bring these findings to the public.
The last article of ” Covid-19 Updates in Brief, Part # 13 ” covered a period from February 01, 2022 to February 15, 2022. This segment will cover a period from February 16, 2022 to February 28, 2022.
- Drug makers are trying their best to find a vaccine for highly infectious Omicron variant. The trials on animals show that Omicron specific boosters is not better than a third dose of current vaccines.
- A study shows that two shots of mRNA vaccine, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine are less effective against Omicron variant.
- According to CDC’s recommendations , mRNA vaccines are most effective against Omicron infection. Vaccines offer 30 to 40 % protection against infection and around 70 % protection against hospitalization without boosters.
- Scientists now believe that Covid-19 is a respiratory condition. They are trying hard to find the wide ranging impacts of the disease. They believe that Covid-19 may effect many systems in the human body.
- A recent study carried out to find longer term effects of Covid-19 in older adults. Study shows that 1/3rd of older adults with Covid-19 developed new conditions, compared with 1/5th of older adults who did not have Covid-19.
- Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine has some side effects. When an individual receives the vaccine, his/her body’s immune system identified the vaccinated virus as foreign, and makes antibodies against it. If the vaccinated person contact later on with SARS-CoV-2 , his/her immune system fights against it.
- Common side effects of Sinovac Covid-19 reported with in 28 days is pain on injection site ( 13-21 % ). Other side effects are fatigue, diarrhea and muscle pain. Most of these side effects were mild and lasted with in 2-3 days. A lower fever was also reported in some people.
- A new study found that we have low risk of developing Covid-19 from the BA.2 version of Omicron variant , if we had already different Omicron case.
- Researchers are investigating on T cells , induced by Covid-19 vaccines, if they recognize variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- T cells play a crucial role in the immune response against disease, T cells neutralize antibodies and B cells too. T cells in the body effectively recognize SARS-CoV-2 variants including Delta and Omicron.
- Researchers are looking closely at the incidence of heart problems after Covid-19. The researchers found evidence of a wide range of heart issues for up to one year after recovery. Experts recommended that people who had Covid-19 , be alert for symptoms of heart issues and consult a doctor immediately.
- Long Covid affects are 40 % related with SARS-CoV-2 infection. The symptoms of long Covid include visual disturbance and cognitive damage.
- Reduced oxygen supply to the nervous system cells, can silence the cells. These silent neurons could be responsible for long Covid symptoms . Increasing their oxygen supply using neuromodulation technique will reactivate silenced cells of the nervous system.
- Because of rapidly changeable and unpredictable Covid-19 pandemic ,it is difficult to predict the features of the next variant. No way to predict if it will be weaker or vaccine resistant.
- The scientists believe that as many countries are lifting protective measures against SARS-CoV-2, increased spread could be responsible for more mutations.