Covid-19 Updates in Brief.
Part # 17
Thank God, coronavirus cases are decreasing day by day in some countries of our world. Covid-19 is less active in humid season. The researchers are optimized that Covid-19 might be a seasonal illness like flu etc. And people will be needing a vaccine just one time yearly. If this is true , and we hope , it will be true, then we should thank God for His Kindness.
As I mentioned in ” Covid-19 Updates in Brief, Part # 16 ” the outcome of new researches on Covid-19 are getting slower as compared to the last two years. Scientists are fine tuning the Covid-19 vaccines and trying to eliminate their side effects. This is a difficult task and need patience and time. Vaccines will be tested in clinical trials and this is a lengthy process which could expand for years to consider a Covid-19 vaccine as ” safe ” for human.
- Do you know?
- About sub variant BA-2.
- New mixed variant .
- Can a nasal spray help to stop Covid-19 ?.
- Green tea and Covid-19.
- Pain after Covid infection.
- Long lasting symptom after recovered from long Covid-19.
- Covid-19 and blood clots.
Do you know ?
- An antiparasitic drug ” Ivermectin” is not authorized to treat Covid-19. A new study finds that the drug does not relieve symptoms of Covid-19..
About sub variant BA-2.
- The new sub variant BA-2 is classified as sub variant of Omicron.
- It spread more easily than previous variants. However, according to data, its infection risk to to the young children under five years old is very low. ( A good news).
New Mixed Variants:
- A new mixed ( recombinant) variant is detected in U.K. This variant is a mix of two strain.
- At present, BA-2 variant is the most common Covid-19 variant in U.S.A.
- In the last days of March , 2022 , U.K. Health Security Agency announced a new Covid-19 variant , which they named XE.
- The new variant is a combination of highly infectious Omicron BA-1 and recent BA-2 variant.
- As viruses mutate, recombinant variants are likely to occur.
- According to W.H.O. announcement, two sub variants of Omicron have been detected . Both sub variants are named as BA-4 and BA-5.
- Studies are going on to find if they will attack immunity giving by vaccines or previous infection.
Can a nasal spray help to stop Covid-19 ?
- Although, at the present time, Covid-19 vaccines are the only found way to fight the disease But these vaccines have shown some side effects which appear vary late after vaccination. Blood clots and inflammation of heart muscle , loss of smell and some changes in human brain are the hot issues .
- Scientists and researchers are trying to fine tuning of the vaccines to eliminate these side effects.
- Researchers are at the early stage of seeing if a nasal spray may stop the virus from infecting cells. They think as the virus entre a human body via nose, a nasal spray could stop or kill the virus before attacking the other parts of human body.
Green Tea and Covid-19.
- Does Green Tea prevent or cure Covid-19 ?. Many people are not sure if Green Tea has some effects on Covid-19. No doubt, Green Tea is rich in health promoting polyphenols. Its main ingredient is Epigallocatechin-3 gallate ( EGCG), which has anti-viral effects against single-stranded RNA (ssRNA)viruses like Zika, Hepatitis C, Influenza, Dengue and others.
- The SARS-CoV-2 is an ssRNA virus. Green Tea extracts are being investigated since long time, and found helpful in treating Covid-19 pandemic.
- Researchers found that the Green Tea extracts kill the SARS-CoV-2 virus by damaging its spike protein, reducing the overall volume of the virus , preventing its entry into human cells . This is very effective in early stage of infection.
- Please be informed that drinking Green Tea itself can not prevent /cure Covid-19. Drinking single Green Tea extract like EGCG in concentrated amount has more effects than found in natural tea.
Pains after Covid infection.
- Researchers carried out a research ” how Covid-19 affects pain signaling ? “. They found that SARS-CoV-2 ( the virus that causes Covid-19) leave a gene expression signature in neurons that relay sensory information to the brain.—— ( The virus seems to be a great scientist).
- The above signature was seen too in pain caused by other conditions.
Long lasting symptoms after recovered from long Covid-19.
- A new study shows that more than half people who recovered from Covid-19, experience continuously some long lasting symptoms , 6 months after recovery.
- Another study explain that Alpha variant was number one cause of persistent , cognitive and mental symptoms as compared with the original of SARS-CoV-2 . Whereas the Alpha variant stands on number 2 cause of damaging hearing or a loss of smell compared with the original variant.
Covid-19 and blood clots.
- A nationwide study conducted in Sweden , revealed that people with Covid-19 are at great risk of developing blood clot , three months after infection. This include the mild Covid-19 infected people too.
- The report emphasized to get the treatment including vaccination to reduce blood clots.