Covid-19 Updates in Brief, part # 19
Thanks to All-Mighty Allah for a note able decrease in Covid-19 cases around the world. Up till now, researchers and scientists have gained a lot of knowledge about Covid-19 . Vaccines for Covid-19 helped a lot to control the pandemic . Drug makers are fine tuning the vaccines and they are well advanced in their efforts. These days, only long covid-19 is the hot issue among researchers and scientists. Long covid-19’s most challenged side effect is blood clotting . That’s why other researches on Covid-19 are less attended , or there are no new findings.
In today’s session of ” Covid-19 Updates # 19″ , there are more news about the Long Covid-19 . Researchers are spending more time to study the cognitive effects of Long Covid-19, blood clotting is one of them.
” Covid-19 Updates in Brief, part # 18 ” covered a period of time from April 16, 2022 to April 30, 2022. Unfortunately we could not find any important update with in May 01, 2022 to May 15, 2022. Sorry for that. Now this article of ” Covid-19 Updates in Brief, part # 19 ” will cover a time period from May 16 , 2022 to May 31, 2022.
- 4th dose of Covid-19 vaccines and immune system.
- Exercise and blood clotting in long Covid.
- Omicron based booster vaccine.
- Two yeas after appearing of Coronavirus.
- SARS-C0V-2 and Alzheimer’s disease.
- End of pandemic soon ?
- About “” Pixlovid ” , An antiviral drug.
- Covid-19 in kids.
- A new ” At home test ” for Covid-19, Flu etc.
- Even vaccinated people can get Long Covid.
4th dose of Covid-19 vaccines and Immune system.
- A clinical study published in ” Lancet Infectious Disease ” show that receiving the 4th dose of either Pfizer or Moderna mRNA vaccines , seven month after the 3rd dose. may safely boost the immune response.
- Researchers are also studying /evaluating the immune response 84 days after the 4th dose to find its effectiveness in the longer term.
Exercise and blood clotting in long covid.
- In spite of continuous hard work, researches do not fully understand yet the mechanisms under the bottom of symptoms of long Covid.
- A new study indicates that 28 % of people with long Covid have higher levels of markers associated with the formation of blood clots.
- These abnormal levels of above markers have a connection with weaken exercise .
- A resent study published in the journal “Blood Advances ” found that high levels of blood clotting markers in 55 % of people with long Covid have abnormal exercise testing results.
Omicron based booster vaccines.
- Current Covid vaccines are protecting most people against severe Covid-19 from all SARS-CoV-2 variants
- Infection from new variants is increasing in people vaccinated previously or had infection earlier. Omicron may give vaccinated people greater resistance against new Omicron variants.
- The researchers suggest that Omicron based booster vaccines may increase resistance to new Covid-19 variants.
- Infection from new variants is increasing in people vaccinated previously or had infection earlier.
- Covid-19 is usually mild in children. Some develop severe illness.
Two years after appearing of Coronavirus .
- A study published in ” The Lancet Respiratory Medicine” shows some data from the beginning of the pandemic as follow:
- The first cases of Covid-19 was reported in Wuhan, Hubei province, China in December 2019. It is believed that the very first victim of Covid-19 got infection from Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan.
- The study from China examined the current health of some of the survivors of the very first Covid-19 victims ( 2 years ago ).
- Researcher found that half of the hospitalized patients are continuously experiencing suddenly some symptoms of long Covid , which are last at a long time. ( Keep in mind that the very first victims of Covid-19 were not vaccinated. Covid -19 vaccines were developed some time in July 2020). These symptom usually appeared one year after the first infection.
SARS-C0V-2 and Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is found in a new study that SARS-CoV-2 virus (The cause of Covid-19) could be responsible for short and long Covid-19 ‘ symptoms.
- The researchers of the study found that during SARS-CoV-2 infection, Amyloids, the abnormal protein could be formed. These Amyloids are the cause of Alzheimer’s disease.
- The researchers think that the immune system’s interaction with SARS-CoV-2 , may be linked to the production of these misfolded spike proteins. And can be cause of blood clotting and neurological symptoms.
- Scientists and researchers are trying hard to solve many mysterious and long lasting symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 infections. This is really very difficult task.
End of pandemic soon ?
- Since Covid-19 cases are decreasing, and Covid vaccine are being fine tuned to be “safe” for human , the experts are hoping the end of pandemic very soon. They believe the pandemic will be a seasonal illness like flu .
- Experts say that it is quite possible that Covid-19 vaccine will be given on annual basis.
- Any how, they encourage the people to get booster shots to boost immunity
About ” Paxlovid “, An antiviral drug..
- Paxlovid is an antiviral drug, which is about 90 % effective for preventing severe Covid-19.
- The drug has been strongly recommended by World Health Organization as a treatment for severe Covid-19.
- “The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ” said in a statement on May 24th 2022 , that some patients who have taken Pfizer’s oral antiviral drug ” Paxlovid ” , reported that the symptoms of Covid-19 have returned after completing the initial 5 days treatment.
- In Pfizer’s clinical trials, 1 to 2 percent patients , treated with Paxlovid ,were still positive for Covid-19 , after completion of treatment.
- This occurred in unvaccinated people and vaccinated and boosted people too.
Covid-19 vaccine for kids.
- Drug maker Pfizer announced that their 3 dose vaccine is 80.3 % effective for preventing symptomatic infections in children 6 months to 5 years of age.
- Covid-19 is usually mild in children. Some children may develop severe illness.
A new ” At home test ” for Covid-19, Flu etc.
- A ” At Home Test” is authorized which can detect .Covid-19, Flu and other respiratory illness
- This ” At Home Test ” is able to detect above diseases at home. The test can help prevent the spread of these illnesses
- The high price of ” At Home Test ” can be a hindrance to use widely in public.
Even vaccinated people can get long Covid.
- A new research from the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and the Veterans Affairs St. Louis Health Care System found , that even vaccinated people with mild infection can experience weaken symptoms of Long Covid. Being vaccinated against Covid-19 does not fully protect from getting Long Covid. The vaccinated people were only 15 % less to get Long Covid, compared to non vaccinated people.