Covid-19 Updates in brief, part # 20
Covid-19 Updates in brief, part # 20 will present some new researches . Covid-19 looks like an Octopus spreading its branches in the whole human body. The researchers are finding new cognitive symptoms which are appearing one and half to two years after Covid-19 infection. No doubt Covid-19 vaccines are effective against Covid-19 infections, but their action is limited. These vaccines need improvement and drug makers are already working on it. We have to wait for two to three years to have a perfect Covid-19 vaccine, which will cure all cognitive symptoms .
“ Covid19 Updates in brief, Part # 19 ” covered a time period from May 16, 2022 to May 31, 2022. ” Covid-19 Updates, # 20 ” will cover a period of time from June 01, to June 15, 2022.
- Covid-19 vaccines.
- Thyroid gland dysfunction and Covid-19.
- Covid-19 vaccines, how many doses are effective ?
- It is now believed that Covid-19 vaccines are trusted source to lower the risk of death by 34 % , and long Covid by 16 percent compared to the unvaccinated people with SARS-CoV-2 infection.
- Researchers also observed that Covid-19 vaccine are remarkably effective to fight against some of the worst long Covid symptoms . Lung and blood clotting disorders are among those systems.
- The Washington University School of Medicine in St .Louis , has suggested that vaccination alone may not be enough to stop Covid-19 infection. It will also not prevent long DOVID.
Thyroid gland and Covid-19.
- Thyroid gland is a very important gland in human body. It regulates metabolism, body temperature and heart rate. Researchers of University of Milan, Italy , discovered a link between Thyroid gland dysfunction and Covid-19, no matter moderate or severe.
- They also found Thyroiditis in people with severe Covid-19 , one year after infection.
Covid-19 vaccines, how many doses are effective ?
- A may 31, 2022 study in the BMJ found that 3 doses of the same Covid-19 vaccine or a combination of different type of vaccine work similarly well to prevent infection. Such doses are also effective to prevent infection from different variants.
- Adult 50 years and older are eligible for a second booster.