Covid-19 Updates in Brief, Part # 21
You must have noticed in our article “Covid-19 Updates in Brief, Part # 20″ that there are less contents in the article as compared to the previous articles. Researchers are focusing on ” after shocks ” of Covid-19 pandemic. New side effects are coming into the knowledge of researchers. Present Covid-19 vaccines have certainly some side effects. Drug makers are fine tuning these vaccines to eliminate their side effects. Many cognitive effects of Covid-19 are appearing now. Are these effects related to coronavirus or to the Covid-19 vaccine ? The answer needs to be solved. It could be a lengthy process . That’s why Covid-19 updates are rare.
The previous article “ Covid-19 Updates in Brief, Part # 20 ” covered a time period from June 01, 2022 to June 15, 2022. Covid-19 Updates in Brief, Part # 21 will cover a period of time from June 16, 2022 to June 30, 2022.
- Fatigue and disrupted sleep , are after shocks of Covid-19 infection.
- Long term exposure to Nitrogen Dioxide may lead to Covid-19.
- Muscle pain in Covid-19.
- Typical Covid-19 and Long Covid-19.
- A new Universal Covid vaccine ‘s clinical trials are expected soon.
- Link between Covid-19 and Brain issues.
- Don’t worry about long covid after having Omicron variant infection.
- Covid-19 vaccination to kids age 6 months to 5 years.
- Widespread effects of Covid-19.
- Covid-19 symptoms returned after using Paxlovid.
- FDA ‘s advise to vaccine makers.
- Covid-19 re-infection.
Fatigue and disrupted sleep, are after shocks of Covid-19 infection.
- A new research from the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio presented the finding of the researchers who were investigating sleep issue of the people , recovered from Covid-19. Trouble sleeping and fatigue are common symptoms of long Covid.
- According to research, 2/3rd people are facing fatigue and about half people experience sleep issue, This is happening months after acute Covid-19 infection.
- Black people have three times more moderate to severe symptoms after recovering from Covid-19.
Long term exposure to Nitrogen Dioxide may lead to Covid-19.
- A survey conducted from 4,443 fatal cases of Covid-19 in 2020 found that long term exposure to high level of Nitrogen Dioxide may lead to Covid-19. Nitrogen Dioxide ( NO2 ) is a traffic related pollutant gas released when fossil fuels burn.
Muscle pain in Covid-19.
- Muscle pain is one of the most common symptom of Covid-19. Approximately 11 – 62.5 % of the victims of Covid-19 have muscle pain and soreness. And 10 – 15 % of people have joint pain.
- Some people feel pain in the neck , shoulders and back.
- The researchers divide two main causes of Covid-19 related muscle and neck pain.
- #1 – The virus may bind to angiotensin converting enzyme 2 receptors in the muscles. It effects directly each muscle and cause soreness and pain.
- # 2 – Inflammation in the muscles can cause pain when a person has a fever. The body’s immune system triggers a cascade of reactions that promotes inflammation. This can help an infection. It can also widespread muscle pain.
Typical Covid-19 and Long Covid-19.
- As the research is going deeper in Covid-19, the researchers detected a very unique difference between typical Covid-19 and Long Covid-19. Samples from the patients of typical Covid-19 and long Covid-19 were examined and found that antigens of SARS-CoV-2 was present in blood plasma samples.
- It was found that a particular SARS-CoV-2 antigen the ” spike protein ” was there in the blood of majority of long Covid-19 patients, two years after the infection. The spike protein was not present in the blood sample of typical Covid-19 patients.
A new Universal Covid vaccine’s clinical trials are expected soon.
- Drug makers Pfizer and BIoNTech will start clinical trials of a new Universal Covid -19 vaccine very soon. The new vaccine will include T-cells which will protect against the large family of viruses and their mutations.
- Covid-19 vaccines becomes less effective when SARS-CoV-2 mutates over times . To overcome waning Covid-19 vaccines, researchers are developing a Universal Covid-19 vaccine.
Link between Covid-19 and Brain issues.
- The researchers have previously linked Covid-19 infection to Brain issues such as “Brain Fog” and neurological issues.
- In a new research from the National Institute of Health , the researchers came to know that antibodies created by the body in response to Covid-19 infection could be the cause of damage to blood vessels in the brain. This damage can lead to neurological symptoms.
Don’t worry about long covid after having Omicron variant infection.
- Researchers from King College, London have found in a sturdy that developing long covid has less chances after having the Omicron variant of Covid-19 as compared to having Delta variant infection. The researchers studies the data of over 56,000 adults in the U.K.
Covid-19 vaccination to kids age 6 months to 5 years.
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has granted Emergency Use Authorization to use three doses Pfizer/BioNTech, and two shot of Moderna Covid-19 vaccines to children from 6 months to 5 years old.
- Experts say above both vaccines provide important protection.
Widespread effects of Covid-19.
- The scientists are continuing to investigate about the widespread effects of Covid-19 on human body.
- A study issued in Denmark with health record of more than half of the Danish population found that people who had Covid-19 , were at an increased risk being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, Ischemic stroke, Parkinson’s disease and bleeding in the brain. The study was presented in 8th European Academy of Neurology Congress.
Covid-19 symptoms returned after using Paxlovid.
- It happened that in some people , the Covid-19 symptoms returned after completing the Paxlovid ( Pfizer Inc.’s antiviral drug for Covid-19 treatment) 5 days course for Covis-19 treatment.
- Study shows that return of Covid-19 symptom return happened in a small numbers of patients. Experts are studying the situation,
FDA ‘s advise to vaccine makers.
- Omicron ‘s sub variants BA-4 and BA-5 currently comprise more than half of the coronavirus cases in U.S.A .Keeping in view above fact, the Food and Drug Administration has advised vaccine makers to update their Covid-19 vaccines to target Omicron also , by adding a component that targets the spike protein of the Omicron BA-4 and BA-5 sub variants.
- The researchers believe that Covid-19 reinfection will increase the risk of hospitalization and deaths from the disease.
- The researchers say that vaccination definitely do lower the risks, but possibility of serious illness with every reinfection is still there . They stress to wear high quality face mask in outdoor crowded gathering as well indoor.
Please be informed :
This is the last episode of ” Covid-19 Updates in Brief ” as there are very little new discoveries about Covid-19. Researchers are investigating deeper in cognitive symptoms which are now appearing 2 years after recovery from Covid-19. Such investigations need a long process and time.
Sorry to leave you guys. I do hope you enjoyed reading ” Covid-19 Updates in Brief ” .
Praying your happiness and success in life.